Happy Energy Balls
Makes about 18 1-inch balls
Total time: 30 mins max.
- 10 dried mission figs (remove tiny hard stem)
- 10 Medjool dates (slice open and remove pit)
- 2 tablespoons all natural almond butter
- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt (more to taste)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup walnuts (optional- experiment with any nut you like)
- ½ cup cacao nibs – add last
- Zest of ½ an organic lemon (optional)
- Juice of one organic lemon (approx. 2 tablespoons – optional)
- Shredded coconut for rolling (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of your food processor (fitted with a steel blade). Pulse a few times to combine, then with a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides. Add the cacao nibs last and blend and pulse until the mixture begins to clump and stick to the sides of the bowl.
Scoop mixture into your hands (preferably clean!) and roll into any sized balls you like. If mixture is too dry, add tiny bits of water. If mixture is too sticky add more oats, nuts or flax.
Roll balls in coconut(optional) and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Tip: Reach for a happy energy ball any time of day for a delicious, nutrient dense pick me up and prepare for a happy blast. Coming in at 125 calories per ball, don’t be shy if you feel like popping a few.