- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more if need be but be careful not to over saturate the leaves)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (more to taste)
- Experiment with different spices…add nutritional yeast, cumin, cayenne- no rules!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the center rib and stems from each kale leaf and discard (or juice…or eat!).
- Tear or cut the leaves into bite-size pieces, they shrink as they cook so don’t make too small.
- Wash the kale and dry it very well by spinning in a salad spinner or using a clean tea towel.
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder and sea salt.
- Massage the oil and seasonings into the kale with your (clean) hands to make sure the leaves are evenly coated.
- Place the kale leaves in a single layer on the baking sheets, and bake until crisp and the edges are slightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Watch closely.
- Let cool and then store in an air tight container.