23/63 | Zucchini and Carrot Noodle Salad with Avocado Dressing
Serves- 2 (easily doubles or triples and believe me you are going to wish you made more…)
Prep Time: 20 minutes maximum
- 1 can chickpeas- drained and rinsed (540 ml or 400 ml)- drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini- spiralized
- 1 large yellow zucchini (don’t confuse with yellow squash J)- spiralized
- 1 carrot- large- spiralized
- 1 cup grape tomatoes- quartered (approximately 20)
- 1/2 avocado- cubed (other half is for dressing- see below)
- 8 green olives- pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno- finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano- minced (optional)
- ½ an avocado
- 1 garlic clove- large
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Spiralize zucchinis and carrot- place in a medium sized serving bowl. I own a Joyce Chen Saladacco Spiral Slicer that is perfect, super portable and easy to clean. There are dozens of options out there though so pick one that works for you. I ordered mine off Amazon a few years ago for around $30.
- Quarter the tomatoes, pit and chop the olives, chop the pickled jalapenos and add the capers- stir to combine- set aside
- Add all dressing ingredients together in the bowl of a food processor or blender- process until blended but not entirely smooth (personal choice- I prefer the dressing not exactly chunky but not smooth like paste either…). Add to salad bowl and toss to evenly coat. Toss in oregano and season with more salt if needed.
- Chill for up to a few hours. Best served on the day you make it.